What you’ll be doing…
You will have responsibility of addressing all IP needs of the business including working closely with inventors to evaluate, draft, file and prosecute patent applications before the USPTO and foreign counterparts. You should be licensed to practice before a State Bar (Virginia preferred) and before the USPTO. You must have 3+ years of experience as an IP attorney, including experience with prosecuting patent applications and responding to office actions. An electrical engineering degree and experience with wireless and/or video compression technologies is required.
Your responsibilities include…
- Working closely with inventors in the drafting and prosecution of patents before the USPTO and foreign counterparts
- Preparing responses to Office Actions
- Conducting interviews with Patent Examiners
- Ensuring that application and renewal deadlines are met
- Advising overseas attorneys on applications for foreign patent applications
- Managing patent portfolios
- Creating presentations and reports of patent matters and patent portfolios
- Negotiating and transacting research and intellectual property agreements
- Other tasks as may be assigned
Who you are…
- Licensed to practice before a State Bar (Virginia preferred) and also before the USPTO
- Wireless and/or video compression technology experience
- 3+ years of experience as a patent attorney
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
Please submit a patent application and an Office Action response writing sample when applying.
Who we are…
We are a research company implementing an exciting business model focused on the development of wireless communication and video compression technologies. We gather talented and experienced researchers from across the globe and nurture their thirst for a challenge with the toughest industry dilemmas. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an elite team of professionals to develop advanced communication and video compression technologies. We believe in organic growth, and in a positive and professional environment that places a strong emphasis on employee development through innovation. Our research builds the foundation for the next generation of cellular and video compression technologies.
Competitive base salary and benefits
Stock options, 401K matching, HSA matching, company paid health care for the candidate and the family, free short-/long-term disability insurance, paid-time-off.