What you’ll be doing…
- Development of patentable solutions that improve the efficiency of video compression and its transport systems.
- Development of novel enhanced algorithms to improve audio/video quality, signal handling and video codec.
- Research and development oriented to current and future MPEG standards and activities.
- Leading a team of researchers dedicated to inventing novel compression technologies.
Who you are…
- Experienced in advanced video compression and transport system technologies:
- Strong background in image/video processing and analysis, video compression, and transport systems.
- Expert knowledge of compression theory, media transport mechanisms, and international standard organizations.
- Experience in developing video codec technologies on inter/intra prediction, transform, in-loop filtering, and entropy coding. Experience in MPEG standards – video (HEVC, VVC), audio, systems (DASH, OMAF), and 3DGC.
- Experienced in software development (C/C++).
- Proven track record in publications, technical innovation and problem solving.
- A great communicator and team player who is comfortable collaborating internally and with external customers.
- Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 8 years of research and development experience and at least 1 year leading a team.
Who we are…
We are a profitable startup company implementing an exciting business model in the LTE-Advanced, 5G and video compression space. We gather some of the most talented and experienced researchers from across the globe and nurture their thirst for a challenge with the toughest dilemmas of the industry. This would be a fantastic opportunity to join an elite team of dedicated research professionals to develop advanced technologies. We believe in organic growth in a positive and professional environment that places a strong emphasis on employee development through innovation. Our research builds the foundation of the next generation of advanced technologies.
Competitive base salary and benefits
Stock options, 401K matching, HSA matching, company paid health care for the candidate and the family, free short-/long-term disability insurance, relocation package, paid-time-off.